Thanks for being an early-adopter! Whether you’re coming from NEMS 1.0 or its predecessor, nagiospi, I want to make it as easy as possible for you to get the latest and greatest, without having to reconfigure everything. It’s been exciting to see the NEMS project really catching on, and I endeavor to make it the best it can be. Your suggestions along the way have helped me focus on some great features for as NEMS continues to evolve.
NEMS 1.1+ has a nifty backup and export tool called NEMS Migrator. While it comes pre-packaged in 1.1+, I designed it specifically to run on legacy builds as well (NEMS 1.0 or nagiospi), giving you the opportunity to export your old configuration, deploy the latest version of NEMS, and then restore the configuration to NEMS. Easy peasy!
Here’s what you need to do:
Note: These instructions are for NEMS 1.0 or nagiospi only. Do not do this on NEMS 1.1+ as the tool is already built-in.
- SSH into your NEMS/nagiospi server.
- Become root: sudo su
- Update repository data. Type: apt-get update
- Install Git. Type: apt-get install git
- Install NEMS-Migrator in /tmp. Type:
cd /tmp && git clone https://github.com/Cat5TV/nems-migrator
- Create the backup config on your NEMS/nagiospi system. Type:
- If on NEMS 1.0: cd /tmp/nems-migrator && ./backup.sh
- If on nagiospi: cd /tmp/nems-migrator && ./nagiospi2nems.sh
- Download the backup to your computer by opening it in your web browser. In your favorite web browser, simply add /backup/ to the end of your NEMS/nagiospi server address. Eg., http://10.0.0.5/backup/
- Now that you have your backup.nems file, follow the instructions here to restore your configuration to a new version of NEMS.